- RSS Channel Showcase 1752539
- RSS Channel Showcase 1884071
- RSS Channel Showcase 8057747
- RSS Channel Showcase 1160749
Articles on this Page
- 12/20/15--10:53: _Holidays After Divo...
- 12/23/15--10:20: _Why “Fair” is the F...
- 12/30/15--15:24: _Looking at the New ...
- 01/01/16--02:00: _How can we divide p...
- 02/10/16--22:14: _Five Tips to Have a...
- 05/17/16--16:55: _Forgiveness During ...
- 08/23/16--22:13: _My Latest Appearanc...
- 08/26/16--18:49: _Five Questions to A...
- 12/31/16--14:34: _Early intervention:...
- 02/18/17--19:28: _How much does it co...
- 03/21/17--22:56: _Divorce Mediation: ...
- 03/24/17--00:38: _My Appearance on “S...
- 04/01/17--13:03: _How can I obtain a ...
- 07/06/17--20:24: _Great post with tip...
- 07/13/17--14:00: _What Does Alternati...
- 11/10/17--15:54: _Watch my appearance...
- 12/06/17--16:24: _My second appearanc...
- 12/20/15--10:53: Holidays After Divorce – Bring Peace on Earth to Your Kids
- 12/23/15--10:20: Why “Fair” is the F-Word in Divorce Negotiations
- 12/30/15--15:24: Looking at the New Year Post Divorce
- 01/01/16--02:00: How can we divide personal property without going crazy?
- 02/10/16--22:14: Five Tips to Have a Miserable Divorce
- 05/17/16--16:55: Forgiveness During Divorce: A key to finding peace
- 08/23/16--22:13: My Latest Appearance on San Diego ESPN Radio Real Talk San Diego
- 08/26/16--18:49: Five Questions to Ask When Hiring a Divorce Mediator
- 02/18/17--19:28: How much does it cost to go to divorce mediation?
- 03/21/17--22:56: Divorce Mediation: Why patience with your spouse is so important
- 03/24/17--00:38: My Appearance on “Smarter San Diego” to Talk About Divorce Mediation
- 04/01/17--13:03: How can I obtain a marriage annulment in California?
- 07/06/17--20:24: Great post with tips for couples planning cohabitation
- 07/13/17--14:00: What Does Alternative Dispute Resolution Mean?
- 11/10/17--15:54: Watch my appearance on Real Divorce Talk on Facebook Live
- 12/06/17--16:24: My second appearance on “Real Divorce Talk”
For many of my clients, the the holidays after divorce can be a difficult time. Many are keenly aware of the loss they have suffered as the result of their divorce and will go to great lengths to preserve a sense of family. The changes to the family, for many, are in stark contrast to the […]
The post Holidays After Divorce – Bring Peace on Earth to Your Kids appeared first on Weber Dispute Resolution.
Those of you who know me are aware that my wife and I have five kids. When I tell people how many kids I have, there is usually an audible gasp and sometimes and expletive. (I don’t know why because I love my kids.) But as any parent will know, kids have a lot to learn […]
Alas! A New Year has come and gone again. For most of my current clients, 2015 was a rough year. It brought them the end of their marriages. The year may have been filled with conflict with a former spouse over money, kids, etc. Perhaps there were tears shed. Maybe dreams were shattered. Sound depressing? […]
Sometimes it is most difficult in divorce cases to divide personal property —the “stuff” accumulated over the years of a relationship. When people share their lives with each other, they also share and accumulate a lot of personal property. Sometimes the task of dividing the household furniture, furnishings and appliances can be a real struggle. Not […]
The post How can we divide personal property without going crazy? appeared first on Weber Dispute Resolution.
Under the best of circumstances, a divorce can be an awful experience. But there are some things you can do right now to make sure that you have a completely horrible, miserable divorce. Here are some tips: 1. Hire the cheapest attorney. You get what you pay for and an attorney can be the difference […]
You are in control of how angry and hurt you remain after your divorce. Using principles of forgiveness during divorce will help you move on. Almost every divorce involves a situation where somebody did someone wrong. Or… at the very least, someone feels like someone did somebody wrong. Sometimes I feel like I am living the […]
The post Forgiveness During Divorce: A key to finding peace appeared first on Weber Dispute Resolution.
Shawn Weber on the Radio I had a blast on Real Talk San Diego on ESPN Radio AM 1700 with co-hosts Ryan White and Karen Kaseno as well as my good friend and fellow University of San Diego School of Law Alum, Brian Dirkmaat, of the Coast Law Group. I enjoyed sharing my insights about […]
The post My Latest Appearance on San Diego ESPN Radio Real Talk San Diego appeared first on Weber Dispute Resolution.
If you are thinking about divorce mediation, you need to consider that not all mediators are created equally. In fact, some are much better than others. What’s more, a bad mediator can cost you a lot of stress and money in the long run. Good conflict resolution requires a very specific set of skills. […]
The post Five Questions to Ask When Hiring a Divorce Mediator appeared first on Weber Dispute Resolution.
As a certified family law specialist (CLS-F)[i], I have been involved in divorce mediation and alternate dispute resolution (ADR) for more than 15 years. I regularly serve as a pro tem settlement judge on the Mandatory Settlement Conference (MSC) Panel with the San Diego County Superior Court. While I enjoy helping folks through their MSCs, […]
Divorce Expenses A wedding in the United States costs on average more than $26,000. This doesn’t include the honeymoon. (Source: http://www.costofwedding.com) Add raising kids at a cost of $233,610 per kid and the cost of your family can be very, very high. (Source: http://money.cnn.com/2017/01/09/pf/cost-of-raising-a-child-2015/) Surprisingly, even with the high rate of divorce in America, people think […]
In my divorce mediation career, I’ve learned over the years that people approach divorce from different places. Sometimes people want the divorce very badly and are happy to get started. Others are devastated by the breakup. It’s not uncommon for a couple in the process of their separation to move at different speeds. […]
The post Divorce Mediation: Why patience with your spouse is so important appeared first on Weber Dispute Resolution.
I had a great opportunity to go on “Smarter San Diego” with Bryan Devore, a great San Diego realtor and co-founder of Divorce Home Solutions. Interviewed by Derrik Evens (“Mr. Credit”), we discussed divorce mediation, collaborative divorce and Dolphin Lawyering. I was happy to describe how meditation can make a divorce much better than going to […]
The post My Appearance on “Smarter San Diego” to Talk About Divorce Mediation appeared first on Weber Dispute Resolution.
What’s the difference between a divorce and an annulment? I often have a potential client call me and say that he or she wants a marriage annulment. Often the request is based on confusion about the differences between an annulment and a divorce. The differences are profound and I will attempt to lay them out […]
The post How can I obtain a marriage annulment in California? appeared first on Weber Dispute Resolution.
Our friends at ClosetBox just posted a great piece with 8 expert tips for couples thinking of living together. The author, Brittany Anas, was kind enough to include my expert tip, which was to be sure and have a cohabitation agreement. At least in California, the family code does nothing for non-married partners. When there is […]
The post Great post with tips for couples planning cohabitation appeared first on Weber Dispute Resolution.
If you find yourself facing a family law matter, you might first ask, “How do I avoid going to court?” The term “alternative dispute resolution” (or “ADR”) is often used to describe conflict resolution without going to court. Parties can use ADR for any family law issue, whether it’s a divorce, child custody dispute, or […]
I was very pleased to have the opportunity to appear on Real Divorce Talk, a new show streaming via Facebook Live. We talked about my “Tips to Have a Miserable Divorce.” We also covered topics like emotions, Collaborative Divorce and divorce mediation. Be sure to leave a comment and let me know what you think. […]
The post Watch my appearance on Real Divorce Talk on Facebook Live appeared first on Weber Dispute Resolution.
I was happy to appear again on the Facebook Live program Real Divorce Talk. This time, I co-hosted with my good friend Bryan Devore. The potential for this program as a divorce information resource really excites me. About Bryan Devore Bryan Devore co-founded Divorce Home Solutions. There, he helps people gather needed facts to make tough choices […]